Monday, May 3, 2010

All Was Golden in the Sky.

When the moon fell in love with the sun.

All was golden in the sky,

All was golden when the day met the night.


When the sun found the moon,

She was drinking tea in a garden,

Under the green umbrella trees,

In the middle of summer.


When the moon found the sun,

He looked like he was barely hanging on,

But her eyes saved his life,

In the middle of summer.


So he said, "Would it be all right

If we just sat and talked for a little while

If in exchange for your time, I give you this smile?"


So she said, "That's okay

As long as you can make a promise not to break my little heart

Or leave me all alone in the summer."


Well, he was just hanging around

Then he fell in love

And he didn't know how

But he couldn't get out

Just hanging around

Then he fell in love


When the moon fell in love with the sun,

All was golden in the sky,

All was golden when the day met the night...



But, o my heart is a fish out of water.


And I pour my heart a new foundation,

But it don't set hard it just stays shaking,

And I scratch my name, I scratch my name in.

But it don't set hard it gets mixed back in .


How am I supposed to pretend

That I never want to see you again?


But everybody, everybody just won't fall in love.

Everybody, everybody just won't play the lead.

I used to think about you and me forever.

Improper medicine for you and me together.



And it was all yellow.





music from today's post:

Panic At the Disco
Mother Mother
Metric
Vampire Weekend
Rogue Wave
Coldplay

1 comment:

Just Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.