Words can be very, very annoying. Like when I play Scrabble or games like Bananagrams. But I love words, I really do. I just do not love word games.
I love finding the word that epitomizes what I am trying to say, so I love building my vocabulary I guess you could put it. But I still do not like word games which is just weird to me. I know all these words but sense I am not applying them to actually describe something, and rather to just make words it doesn't work in my brain. So it freaks out, and I lose, very much so.
My mom described it as being wordy, but not wordish.
I think it goes with the whole thing of not being able to describe what I am trying to say, so therefore I love words. But abstractly coming up with words and putting them together just doesn't sit right with my subconscious.
2 comments:
interesting, me too. oh, and i like your quote of the day! somehow I am a frequent contributor to that feature.
I think it's because word games aren't about words as much as they are about spelling. Perhaps you love the language of words more than you love the spelling of words. I love both. And I love you, too.
Post a Comment