Ice skating is such a fun thing to do, but nothing is worse than going to the ice skating rink to find some stuck up ice skaters there. I don't mind so much if they are just there practicing or whatever, unless they are taking lessons or something. Then they get mad at you for getting in their way during a public skate. If they really want to take lessons, rent the freaking rink!
I'm not saying that all ice skaters are this way, because I've known some really nice ice skaters, but have you seen the movie Ice Princess for goodness sake! They are vicious and territorial. It's not a sport, it's a life style. They may all want to be the Ice Princess, but they're just the Ice Jerks.
Especially when they start cutting you off, and doing flips right in front of you so that you have to stop for them. Yes, ice skaters, we all know you are better than us, so why don't you keep your awesomeness a secret? Do we really deserve to be graced with the awesome power of you skills? No, you must purposely make it impossible to enjoy the sport that you have so desperately dedicated your lives to. And for what reason? Because we skated through your precious inner circle of practice. Wow. We deserve to die. How dare we just skate on through without the slightest little clue in the world! How dare we!
Now, the little ice skaters don't bother me so much as they make me sad. For they are young, and do not rub in our inferiority. They make me sad because they are six, and are better than I am. *sigh*
I love skating, it's a fun thing to do with a group of people. But I do not think that I could possibly devote my life to ice skating. Heck, every week I change what I want to be when I "grow up"! Especially, though seeing how little of it is really skating and not the show that you put on, and the people you thoughtlessly squish along the way.
So to all you stupid ice skaters [this group excludes the nice ice skaters], bravo! You have won the shallow award!!
{I do not dislike any whole group of people for that would be very, very hypocritical of me. I only dislike stupid people, because they are stupid, and they know it. }
No comments:
Post a Comment