Rawr. Every time I bring up the subject of why I do not like politics, somebody in the room says, you can't vote, why do you care?! And then I say, exactly!! Why do Middle Schoolers have to do a whole freaking unit on politics? Because it's stupid, that's why! Yes, I understand about the election and such, but going so far to having each student create a speech, and a view, and then having their grades depend upon their participation in numerous class debates is ridiculous! We can't influence anything! Our opinions don't count to society, I'm not saying that I agree with that but that is just how it is! Our 'debates' don't settle anything accept anger. We aren't changing any one's opinion, and we just argue and get worked up over nothing we can influence! The only thing we achieve with these discussions that we must participate in is completely pissing each other off!
It physically makes me sick how stupid people get. During the actual discussion I can't talk. I refuse to, I hate it so much my mouth won't work. Then people talk about it outside of class and I feel like jumping off the roof. Why do they get so worked up over such stupid, stupid things?! Things we can't change, or do anything about. Most things we can't even begin to scratch the surface on completely understanding. Yet, we fight our parents opinions that we have been raised with against the other adults that surround us. I come home with a splitting head ache like my brain is swollen and stuck with a hatchet, and I can't even think about eating anything. I feel like our school is divided into blues and reds. For the whole unit it was the only thing anybody talked about. And we very well couldn't talk about our party in front of somebody from the other party! They just don't get it, those otherpartyists!
Even mentioning politics to a room of people is an instant threat. You don't even have to say any body's name, everyone just explodes into a mess of defensiveness. Everyone becomes so threatened that their precious opinion is in danger that they don't even listen to the opposite party, only plan their next point. So much that many points become directly irrelevant because they weren't listening to what the other person was saying!
Mention politics and people leave behind everything they stand for in the effort to stand up for something. The irony is unbearable. It is so hypocritical it really kills me. Democrats only talk about how much The Republican is wrong, and completely leave out why The Democrat is the right choice. Republicans get so worked up over how much negative press coverage there is over their candidate, and that the whole thing is unfair! I refuse to be reduced to such a low level of shallowness. I hate politics. With a passion.
I guess it isn't really so much that I hate politics, or democracy, but once again it is the stupid people. Which is... hmm... most people!
How did the reason that our country survived and prospered in love and unity in the first place become the ultimate form of division, prejudice, and hate?
2 comments:
Shut your noise tube, taco human!
I love the little tacos! I love them gooooooood.
Post a Comment