And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
How is it that every single teenager in America can relate to these words? How can every single one of us feel like we can't let the world see the real us, because we don't think that they'd understand? I think this is too silly, because I believe it myself.
I think that people don't understand why they think other people won't understand them. You see, we all feel the same emotions. Regardless of why we feel that way, we all feel depressed and lonely and like no one loves us. I think that what we are afraid of in people not understanding us is our motives or our reasons.
Does that make sense? I feel sad because someone stole my lollipop, and you feel sad because your cat ran away. We feel the same. I cannot empathize with the loss of your cat, and you cannot empathize with the loss of my lollipop, but we can empathize with the sadness that comes from it. We can only sympathize with each others situations, and that's perfectly okay.
Don't get me wrong, I am a strong believer in wallowing, but there comes a time when we should find a way to make ourselves happy again. When we have forgiven others and we finally need to forgive ourselves, because let's face it, it is a lot harder to forgive ourselves more than others.
I just find it incredibly silly that everyone is lonely. That everyone feels like no one understands them. I am one of the top people guilty of this, too. I just find it way too silly. All the lonely people, where do they all belong?
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
No comments:
Post a Comment