[[Okay, so I know I haven't updated in a very, very long time, but I have been doing a lot of stuff and been under a bunch of stress lately. I also missed a Beatles Wednesday, and a Friday Philosopher, but however. I plan to do a new header soon, hopefully tonight, so sorry for the blogging constipation.]]
Smart is [ironically] such a stupid label. The only kind of smart that is really considered 'smart' is book smart. Stuff like math and science. That is so ridiculous, it kills me.
It really bothers me when people say that if you like and are good at music, then you are good at math. I am living proof that this is not so. Music is art. Math is logic. Music is feeling, and math is thinking. The way I personally see it is music as color, and math is black and white, no feeling, no emotion, and nothing to really build on. Why do we do the formula this way? Because that is how it is done, that's why.
This is the reason why I hate school. I feel like I am in this elite class, yet I can't pass an algebra test. Then everyone just says, your artistic that's what you are good at. Then I say, yes, but in order to get a job as an artist, or anything for that matter I must have a diploma. Which includes passing five progressively frustrating math classes.
There are so many definitions of smart, but in society there really is only one. Number eight out of twenty-three on Dictionary.com says: having or showing quick intelligence or ready mental capability.
Being 'smart' is overrated.
3 comments:
I completely agree. I'm guessing you're talking about 'Aiming High'?
I go to Vista, and I was in that class for a while. Then i decided that it was all just busywork. So i quit. Now I'm a lot happier, and I'm not afraid to express myself through the things I like. You should check out my blog sometime, only, it isn't as carefully put together as yours is. Mine is more of a mish-mash on different things I have felt and experienced, and also letters to people. I am thinking about posting some of my Anime and Manga drawings, but I'm not quite sure.
Oh..and Salad Fingers, Tim Burton, the Beatles, and Invader Zim, are extraordinarily epic, and deserve the award of Extreme Awesomeness.
-A Stranger, with the potential of A Friend =]
great comments and very deep thinking! i love it! finally i have womeone to agree with about the "smart" thing. #:O) --Stennar
P.S. very nice photos! i love photoography as well!--Stennar
Post a Comment