I have this thing for weird and unusual stuff. Like scary-creepy movies and stuff like Salad Fingers. This is because the business fascinates me. Its the ability to stir up emotions of defense by colors on a screen! Fear is perhaps the hardest emotions to truly arouse in things such as movies, and it is really amazing to think about. How good screen writers and directors must be to put a fictional story on a two dimensional screen and be able to scare the pants off of anyone.
The same goes for creepy books, like Edger Allen Poe for example. The thing I love about his stories though versus scary movies is that there is rarely any gore. The sense of fear is so great that it doesn't have to be so visual as that. I love the way he sets up his stories, and how genius it all is. How every one of them is in first person to make is such a personal experience, and the narrator's name is hardly ever mentioned for that same reason.
It's not so much of horror as it is creepy, horror is more Saw and gore, and less I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me. I really love the crazy carnival warped music, insane-carnival-we're-all-going-to-die-smiling is perhaps the scariest.
Just don't go into room 1408.
1 comment:
It sort of weirds me out that you're a lot like me when I was in middle school--especially because you don't remember when I was in middle school.
Post a Comment