Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm So Tired

I know I've used this title before, but I don't really care.

I'm tired of people freaking out at me, I can choose what to do on my own! I don't need someone warning me against someone else or defending somebody else. I don't want people to tell me who I can and can't or who I should or shouldn't be friends with! Why does it matter if I talk to someone in one period? It doesn't mean that the rest of my life is devoted to that person, or that I'm their best friend forever! Why can't I just have some simple conversation with someone to pass the freaking time? Or why can't I *not* talk to someone if I don't want to? Because you think that means that I'm making a judgment on them so I'm a crappy person, or because I'm not educated on the matter? Why can't I just do what the heck I want and just have no one question my deep inner motives because chances are that there aren't many.

I tired of people warning me against things! I'm not completely ignorant, and there is a difference between naively warning and actually caring! I can figure things out for myself, I don't need sixteen thousand people telling me to not go into the dark scary cave! I'm not freaking blind or stupid! I can take care of myself!

I'm tired of everything being so freaking dramatic. I've been in high school for, what, three days? So I must already have a) an enemy, b) a secret crush, c) a fake friend, and d) deteriorated logic. Why is everything an event and the world is the stage? Why is nothing exciting unless someone is breaking up, hooking up, getting mad, or getting hurt?

I'm tired of everyone expecting me to be perfect, or know what to do, or always do the right thing! Because you know what, some times I don't know what the right thing is, and that makes is a little bit difficult to do it! Shocking, I know, but I make mistakes, I form opinions, and I have regrets. Just because I'm not exactly who you want me to be doesn't mean that I need to be fixed or that I'm wrong.

I'm tired of stupid things never ever dying! It seems like that's always happening, if I make a mistake or do something wrong, or handle something poorly I must pay for it and keep paying for it. Because let's face it, just because someone messes up doesn't mean that we all need to remind them of that day and night.

I can make my own decisions, believe it or not! I do have a sense of judgment and can do things on my own even if sometimes what I do is not the smartest thing in the world. And you may also be shocked to hear that everything I do has a reason. I'm not some naive little kid who doesn't know what they're getting into! Why does everyone have to read something into every little thing that I do or say?

1 comment:

mindi said...

I totally feel for you. Why does everything have to be a dramatic event? Maby people just seek excitment in their lives. I don't know. Life can be so very confusing. Hang in there, Kaylyn. I'm hangin with you.