Saturday, April 4, 2009

How Can I Keep From Singing?

So, as I have said before, we are doing our combined school play right now and it is High School Musical. And I have to admit that I hate the play, but that doesn't mean that I hate being in it because despite the poor choice of which play to do it is alot of fun.

Sometimes it feels like I'm one of the only ones really serious about it. Other people act as if they are actually against it. Like they just don't want to go off on a rant at me about how it's killing our environment or something. It still comes off really careless and mean, though. They act like I'm wasting my time or something. Or like I'm slacking off and using it as an excuse to not get my homework done.

That is so not the case, though. I do these plays because I love them. Because I see a potential future in them because I love them so much. After being at school for so long and feeling like I have no real place that I feel comfortable, someplace that I feel I have a future in I go to rehearsal and feel like I belong somewhere. Like I have a school subject that I actually do well at, and like.

Then these people come along and make me feel guilty that I love something. Like I don't get to have something that is 'mine' because I don't like or do well in my other classes. I don't even know if that is what they're getting at because they are being so cryptic, but that's what it feels like. I can't really see any other logical reason for acting so weird and mean even if this isn't so logical either. It's really confusing, and really hurtful, and I really just don't get it.

They act like they are trying to resist from yelling at me that I am wasting my time, but why would they do that? I'm not wasting my time, and I'm trying as hard as I possibly can to juggle everything I need to get caught up and and still do. So what's the problem with my doing the play? Maybe I come off arrogant or like I know it better than other people do, but it's not like I mean to. I'm just so excited that I say stupid stuff sometimes. Everyone does it, it's not that strange.

Maybe it's because they think I'm using it as an excuse to not do school work because I'm tired all the time. Well, it is a lot of dancing, and moving, especially for a main part. We all have to dance, jump around, sing, and remember all the choreography, blocking, and lines. It really isn't just walking onto the stage, doing a couple of steps, then walking off and it's done. It's hard work, just as rigorous as any sport.

Then, of course, it is my fault when I don't want to be around these people because they way they talk about it and look at me make me want to cry. Of course it would be my fault that I don't want to be around someone that is hurting me. I must shallow and catty because I don't want to be around them. How dare I?

I doesn't matter though. Their weird opinions won't stop me from pursuing this. Now or in the future.

No comments: