Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blackbird - identity poem

Let them be as
Mockingbirds
With second-handed
Speech

I'd rather be a
Blackbird
With barriers to learn to
Breach

I'd rather see the subtle
Hypocrisy
Where they twitter mindlessly and
Haughtily

I'd rather have a dark, iridesent
Sheen
Where they flaunt and
Preen

Let them imitate
Blindly
Where I learned to
See

Let them perfect their fleeting
Beauty
Where I had to face that my feathers are
Sooty

So let them be as
Mockingbirds
With a glittering
Reputation

I'd rather be a
Black bird
With potential and
Anticipation

4 comments:

The Lovely Day said...

That was amazing!!

Did you write that?

Oh and the comments on my blog are working now.

Andrea said...

Hey, that's pretty good.

kaylyn. said...

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I wrote it for school.

Meredith said...

Wow kaylyn! This is really good (comparaed to mine)!You are so putting that in your anthology.